I have created this blog as a record of all the scrapbook layouts, cards, etc., that I make.

If you happen to visit my blog, thank you for visiting and any comments you leave are very much appreciated. Thank you.



Thursday 29 July 2010

Winter Wonderland - Kate's Sketch

This is a card I made for the challenge at Winter Wonderland - Kate's Sketch.  I wasn't to sure about this sketch when I first saw it, as I find it hard to cut circles.  Anyway, I attempted it on Tuesday night and was getting nowhere with my fiskars circle cutter or my plates and bowls, so left it.  Yesterday my new Martha Stewart circle cutter arrived, which I ordered on QVC at the weekend.  Took me a little time to get used to it, but managed to get a few circles cut for this card but still need to practice a bit more .  It has great varied measurement sizes and comes with three blades. 
Anyway my card is as follows:-
Cardstock and Glittered Cardstock - Die Cuts with a View
Patterned Paper - Don't know, was in a snowman kit, I bought a long time ago for my daughter
Woodware Snowflakes Punches
Stickles and Ice Stickles
Snowman Image - Darcies
Coloured with Distress Inks
Martha Stewart Circle Cutter
Thanks for popping by and hope you are having a nice day.

3 comments:

Granny P said...

Really love this card -with the ice stickles and the red cheeks you can almost feel the cold. Did you add the butterfly separately or is it just coincidence you have the perfect sentiment for the image? The circle cutter seems to be a good job. Any other interesting buys?

downrightcrafty said...

wow fabulous interpretation of my sketch and pleased the new punches arrived as they really made a great contribution to the creation, love the colours and images so crisp and icy
Thanks for sharing and joining us this week at Winter Wonderland, you will love tomorrow's challenge
Hugs Kate xx

Mina said...

this is such a fantastic frosty feeling card Donna....love those colours and the image is such a great snowman
Mina xxx