I have created this blog as a record of all the scrapbook layouts, cards, etc., that I make.

If you happen to visit my blog, thank you for visiting and any comments you leave are very much appreciated. Thank you.



Saturday 10 July 2010

Calendar

This is a little calendar that I have been working on and as I can't seem to get it finished, I thought I would post the pages anyway.
It started off as a blank chipboard calendar from Maya Road and I have had it for a couple of years.  Had an idea recently that I would make it as an academic type calendar starting from September 2010 until June 2011.
I covered all the pages with cardstock and then patterned paper.  Printed off calendar blanks from split coast stampers.  Punched some flowers and then thought I would make a note of what dates each month were significant, ie. birthdays, anniversaries etc., printed these out and mounted onto cardstock. I also hope to print out events, etc that happen each month to any of us and mount these onto the reverse side of each month, like a sort of  reminder/memory  for when the calendar is no longer used and put on a shelf  and only looked at sometimes.
When I went to assemble the calendar, it wouldn't sit properly, so I took off the triangle shaped 3D backing stand and I am now looking for a holder of some sort.  Thought about purchasing a toilet roll holder and making it free standing instead of wall mounted, but unfortunately it is not wide enough , so I have to think again.  Any ideas as I want to hang them altogether and not just individually..
I have just posted four of the photographs, just so show the different colour choices.
My cardstock is from The Paper Mill Shop
Patterned papers are - Doodlebug
Woodware Punches
Maya Road Chipboard Calendar (I think it is 6x6)
Calendars - Split Coast Stampers ( found this link on Dol Creations blog, where she had created a month of June calendar page and her husband had made her a stand, although I searched split coast stampers and got a different template.)

No comments: