I have created this blog as a record of all the scrapbook layouts, cards, etc., that I make.

If you happen to visit my blog, thank you for visiting and any comments you leave are very much appreciated. Thank you.



Saturday 17 July 2010

1 Card - 2 Challenges - Mojo Monday/Cute Card Thursday

This is a card I made for Mojo Monday 147, following their sketch and Cute Card Thursday Challenge 121, which was to Get A Head Start (Christmas card).  I really liked the sketch, but found it hard to put a card together.  I had stamped larger snowflakes and backed them onto card and they turned out to be  too big.  So I the made rest of card and then made the small snowflake squares.  I  stamped my sentiment twice, just to balance up the card.  Again, I thought something was missing.  Must be my mojo that is missing.  Never really understood that til now.
Anyway my card for the two challenges, which I am entering into both for the first time, is as follows:-
Cardstock - Bazzill
Paper Ribbon - Doodlebug
Glittered Cardstock - Die Cuts with a View
Snowman, Snowflakes and Sentiment - Darcies (purchased these a really long time ago, never used them and can't remember where I purchased them)
Coloured with Distress Inks
Stickles and Kars Glitter Glue
I haven't been really pleased with this card or my last card, so hopefully I will get a better one made over the weekend. Hope you all have something nice planned and the weather is not to bad. 

Hollie has asked me to put two more cards onto my blog.  Think she likes the comments.  The first card is for her daddy.  She used a freebie image that I downloaded from Pollycraft.  She coloured it with Papermania watercolour pencils, but forgot to  go over it with water.  Worked ok anyway as I hadn't heat dried the image.  Still haven't mastered the digi's yet.   Her second card was made using an image from a Kars selection that was purchased from our local craft shop, Crafters and Co.  It was very reasonably priced, I think £2.99, which for Hollie to use, is good value.
Cardstock for both cards - Papermill
Assorted embelishments that Hollie has had in a box for ages
Papermania Watercolour Pencils
Distress Inks for second card

4 comments:

Granny P said...

Great snowman, cute rosy cheeks. I think you got it from Funky Kits - vaguely remember a phone conversation while web browsing.
Can't see anything missing but the beauty is you can always come back to it if you think of something.
Well done Hollie -maybe you'll need a blog of your own soon.

Mina said...

what a fabulous snowman card why on earth arent you happy with it, I would be...Hollie your colouring just gets better, I love your beer monsters and your little Kars girl is gorgeous
Mina xxx

Julie said...

Darling card. What a great interpretation of the Mojo Monday sketch. That snowman is too cute.

Thank you for joining us at Cute Card Thursday! Good Luck!

Julie

Annie said...

a fabulous festive card and such a cute snowman! thanks for joining in with us at CCT.
hugs, annie x