I have created this blog as a record of all the scrapbook layouts, cards, etc., that I make.

If you happen to visit my blog, thank you for visiting and any comments you leave are very much appreciated. Thank you.



Monday 12 July 2010

Pink Gem Challenge 6

This is a card that I have made for the Pink Gem Challenge 6 - optional theme is to decorate the inside of the card.  I really like the little image of Chloe with the snowflake, so decided to use her again and this time maybe as a Christmas card. Wasn't sure about the sketch and how to use it, so just kind of made it up as I went along.  I decided to back the snowflakes onto red, as they didn't really show up on their own.  The gems I placed three at the bottom left and three at the top right, then thought it might look better with both sides fully done.  Only then did I realise the colours weren't matching, but think it looks ok with the colours staggered.  Had finished the card last night and only when I read over the challenge again, did I remember about doing the inside of the card.  Have thought about this before, but never done it, so tried it this morning and it wasn't to bad. May do more like this again.
Cardstock - Doodlebug
Patterned papers - Doodlebug (2 different kits)
Gems - Doodlebug
Glittered Card - Die Cuts with a View
Woodware Punches
Stickles Ice
Coloured with Distress Inks
Peel-offs
Thanks for popping by and have a nice day. Donna

7 comments:

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card...Love your colours and a great take on my sketch, the inside is gorgeous as well...thank you for joining in with us at A Gem of a Challenge....
Mandy xx

Mina said...

wow I love those colours Donna...gorgeous card and your stamp is perfectly coloured
Mina xxx

Granny P said...

Great card and I love how you've done the inside.

Pam said...

What an adorable Christmas card, Donna! I love the red and bright green, and Chloe is colored so beautifully! Loved the decorated inside--what a treat when you open the card! Thanks for playing along at A Gem of a Challenge!
Hugs to you,
Pam

Berry said...

Love what you have done here and did the optional extra too! That Chloe is so cute isn't she?! Thanks for joining us at a gem of a challenge, pop over to my blog www.berryliciousblog.blogspot.com for some candy! Hugs Rebekah xx

Janet said...

This is adorable Donna! x

Christine said...

Hi stunning creation love the take on the chall..great image & colouring...
thanks for sharing & joining us at A gem of a Chall.

Hugs Christine xx