I have created this blog as a record of all the scrapbook layouts, cards, etc., that I make.

If you happen to visit my blog, thank you for visiting and any comments you leave are very much appreciated. Thank you.



Sunday 25 April 2010

Truly Scrumptious Challenge 30 - April Showers

Hello, hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Would like to start by saying "Thank you very much" to the comments I received on my last card that I posted for the Sugar Bowl Challenge.  That was my first time entering a challenge and as I didn't know how to link a post , I wasn't even sure my card would be posted properly. It was a real boost and to get three followers was really fantastic as I had only set up the blog to keep a record of my cards, etc.  Also, thanks to Mina for asking me to make my photographs a little bigger.  Mina had made this comment a day or so after my aunt had also suggested it. I still don't really know how to work a blog or make cards so it is a learning curve for me, and all comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

My card today is for the Truly Scrumptious challenge, designed by Mina Hartley.  It was while watching a demonstration by Mina at my local craft shop, using distress inks and magnolias, that I thought I would give cardmaking a try and started to follow her blog for inspiration and then decided I might give blogging a go and I am really enjoying blogging and making cards as it is such a change from scrapbooking. .
My papers, cardstock,  ric-rac ribbon  and paperclip are all from the Spring range from Doodlebug and my image called Chloe in the Rain and the Happy Birthday ticket are from Pink Gem Designs. Got the link for this website from Mina's blog. Thanks. Flowers are from my stash and the little pearl gems are  from one of my daughter's craft sets.  For the raindrops I used ice stickles and the embossed raindrops are Fiskars. Only when I put the card together, did I notice that the raindrops were going a different way, sorry.
Not sure if this will link as haven't mastered that yet, sorry.

No comments: