I have created this blog as a record of all the scrapbook layouts, cards, etc., that I make.

If you happen to visit my blog, thank you for visiting and any comments you leave are very much appreciated. Thank you.



Thursday 8 April 2010

Sugar Nellie Card - Dress Up Maggie

This is a card that I started on Tuesday evening.  I picked papers from one of the Doodlebug ranges and co-ordinating Bazzill cardstock. I coloured using distress inks and then decided to highlight the flowers in the hat, cheeks, necklace and bag clasp with stickles and  left to dry overnight.  However, the stickles dried flat and didn't stand out.  I then went over the stickles again with my new Ice Stickles which I purchased recently.  I went around the necklace dot by dot and again left to dry.  As you can see some dried flat and some didn't.  Finished card is ok , but not a stamp I think I will use often as I prefer the other stamp images from Sugar Nellie that I have used.

1 comment:

home is where the heart is said...

I love this card! I love the bright colours and the stickles necklace stands out well in the photo. I find that using stickles is like icing a cake, when you get half way through you begin to like what your doing and then it is finished and you can still see the messy bit at the start. Good thing is only you know where you started and so others dont see it! Personally I love them and find them addictive.....but I can get quite OCD with my newest favourite craft technique.