I have created this blog as a record of all the scrapbook layouts, cards, etc., that I make.

If you happen to visit my blog, thank you for visiting and any comments you leave are very much appreciated. Thank you.



Thursday 1 April 2010

Sarah Kay - Zoe Gazing at the Butterfly

This is a card I made with a new stamp that I purchased recently from the Glitter Pot.
I started the card a week past on Saturday.  It took me a full week to complete as I just wasn't happy with it and I am still not convinced, so I'll maybe redo part of it.
I used Spellbinders - Labels Eight as a frame for the stamp.  This was the first time I had used these along with the Cuttlebug which I got as a present for Christmas.  Haven't made my mind up about them yet.  I coloured the stamp using Papermania Watercolour pencils.  This was all going well, until I tried to match it up  with papers.  Many that matched were to overpowering and didn't make the stamp stand out.  In the end, I went for just cardstock in the colours of the stamp.  It then looked as if something was missing.  Tried different embellishments and nothing worked. Then thought I would try using a butterfly stamp with a versamark inkpad and then randomly stamped.  Looked ok until one didn't really stamp that well and I tried to go over it and smudged it.   Then used a smaller Labels Eight for the Dream embellishment.
My daughters didn't like this.  I just thought the little girl looked as if she was dreaming while looking at the butterfly.  On the inside I was going to put the sentiment - Dream your dreams a size too big, so you can grow into them.  Maybe change all this to just Happy Birthday or To a Special Friend.
Anyway, here it is, see what you think.

No comments: