I have created this blog as a record of all the scrapbook layouts, cards, etc., that I make.

If you happen to visit my blog, thank you for visiting and any comments you leave are very much appreciated. Thank you.



Sunday 4 April 2010

Sugar Nellie Card - Sweet and Sassy

Recently, I had a couple of free days with all bookwork and housework  up to date.  That doesn't happen very often, so I had a little me time, stamping and watching a dvd. Heaven!!!!

The first card was a Sugar Nellie stamp called Sweet and Sassy.  I came across these stamps by accident and I am so glad I did.  The detail and cute expressions are lovely and having three daughters, they are going to be good for birthday cards, etc.
I coloured using papermania watercolour pencils and  bazzill cardstock.  The butterflies are flowers are from a K & Co kit I purchased from QVC.  It is full of lovely autumn colours and was a good match.
I had coloured the stamped images in colours I liked, without any thought to what papers I would match them to.  Next time, I think I will pick my papers first and then colour.  All papers I tried were quite overpowering or didn't do the image any justice. 

No comments: