I have created this blog as a record of all the scrapbook layouts, cards, etc., that I make.

If you happen to visit my blog, thank you for visiting and any comments you leave are very much appreciated. Thank you.



Thursday 22 July 2010

Saturday Sketchers # 112 - Totally Gorjuss and Pollycraft Monday

Here is another card that I have made for my mum for her birthday.  This will be from my daughters.  It is the first time that I have made cards and actually given them, as I still would go out and buy cards.
I followed the sketch from Sketch SaturdayPollycraft Challenge, one that I haven't entered before, was for Happy Birthday and Totally Gorjuss, another one that I haven't entered before was Thinking of You.  Not sure if my card would apply to this challenge, but I thought the Sugar Nellie image called Reflective was as if she was thinking and I then wrote thinking of you on the inside of the card. Normally I only enter one challenge at a time, so am trying to find challenges now that I can use together.
Cardstock - Bazzill
Patterned Paper - K & Co - Wild Saffron (I really love these papers)
Computer generated sentiments
Sugar Nellie Image - Reflective
Embellishments - Gems, flowers, butterflies and ladybird- K & Co embellishment kit.  This is a kit that I purchased from QVC last year and didn't want to use it as it was so nice. Think the colours match well with the papers.
Coloured with Distress Inks
Fiskars circle cutter
I also distressed the sentiment and edges of the image with antique linen distress ink to soften and blend it with the papers.  Think I need lots more practice at this as well as cutting out the image.  Got this tip from Mina's blog Pinkpuds.  Thanks Mina.
Anyway thanks for popping by and hope you have a nice day.  We have sunshine today which makes a change as it has been very wet, especially yesterday, when it was like winter and we had to put the heating back on. Hope the sunshine lasts a little while. Donna

2 comments:

Granny P said...

This really is 'totally gorjuss'. Good job with cutting out the image. Wild Saffron would be a favourite of mine too.

How's Hollie keeping up with the challenges?

Mary J said...

You are right - she's looking like she's thinking about something nice! Lovely card, those colours are just super and love how you've mixed the patterns. Great attention to detail - great inside!

Thx for joining us at Totally Gorjuss and look forward to seeing you at next week's challenge! ;)