I have created this blog as a record of all the scrapbook layouts, cards, etc., that I make.

If you happen to visit my blog, thank you for visiting and any comments you leave are very much appreciated. Thank you.



Monday 19 July 2010

Friday sketchers 111 and Flutterby Wednesday 113

Here is a card that I have made following a sketch from Friday sketchers # 111 and for Flutterby Wednesday's # 113 which was to feature at least 3 layers and show either a fairy, angel or butterfly.  I went for the butterflies.
I have used a Sarah Kay image which I coloured with Distress Inks. I have been working at this card since Saturday, as I wasn't really happy with my previous two cards.  Anyway, I stamped and coloured the image on Saturday evening and so far so good, was pleased with it.  Assembled the layers and image onto the card on Sunday evening and couldn't think of a sentiment or something to finish the card off with.  Then I remembered that I had these peel-off butterflies.  I don't really like peel-offs that much, but thought they matched with the paper.  I backed them onto mulberry paper and bent their wings to make look more 3d than flat.  Left the card as felt it still needed something.  Funny how when you leave something and come back you get some ideas.  I remembered that I had matching peel-off borders in another box so added three of them to the card and attached the butterflies.  Made a sentiment from the computer and then thought this might do as a birthday card for my mum, as it is her birthday on Thursday.  Better do the inside then.  I had cut out a larger nestability to match the one I have stamped the image on, but it was too big, but it fits perfectly on the inside of the card.  It came together a lot quicker and I am quite pleased with this card. At last, I am happy with a card.
Cardstock - Die Cuts with View
Papers - My Minds Eye - (free with a magazine and these are really lovely)
Image - Sarah Kay
Coloured with Distress Inks
Peel -off Butterflies and borders
Computer generated sentiment
Nestabilities
Thanks for popping by and have a nice evening.  Donna

4 comments:

Carole said...

Such a pretty card :) Thanks for joining us at FS.
Carole

Mina said...

dont you just love these free papers Donna...you have used them perfectly with this gorgeous Sarah Kay image
Mina xxx

Kimberly S said...

Lovely card on the outside and the inside! The butterflies are such a pretty addition too! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's FBW challenge! :)

Granny P said...

This is beautiful and you should be happy with it. I actually thought the butterflies were charms when I first looked. I'm sure your mum will appreciate your work.