I have created this blog as a record of all the scrapbook layouts, cards, etc., that I make.

If you happen to visit my blog, thank you for visiting and any comments you leave are very much appreciated. Thank you.



Tuesday 25 May 2010

Truly Scrumptious Challenge 32

I started off making a card and ended up with a door hanger for my youngest daughter's room.  As I said in a previous post, I never end up with what I have in mind at the beginning.
Anyway, I stamped my image, which is called Skipping Milly from Pink Gem Designs.  I then used my Big Scalloped Circles Nestabilities. However, I had in mind to use my fiskars cutter and templates to cut the other circles, but the largest was the same size as the nestability.  So I started to raid my cupboards for plates, bowls, glasses etc., until I got the sizes that I needed.  My card was to be blue and green, but after a few attempts at cutting, I didn't have enough left, so changed my colours to a darker blue and dark pink.  This was really nice as well, but when I had it all set up ready for glueing, I realised I wouldn't have a card big enough to attach it to.  Time to start again.  I then came up with idea of the door plaque.  Then had to change my colours as my youngest daughter's room is pink and yellow for Little Miss Sunshine.  So I recut all my circles again and then coloured my image.  Next was to mount all of this onto some chipboard, but you guessed right, didn't have any pieces that were big enough.  Then I remembered I had some mountboard that was given to me a couple of years ago, but I never used it.  So glad I kept it.  I cut this to size and covered  it with cardstock.  Yellow cardstock is Bazzill and Pink cardstock is Die Cuts with a View.  Then I punched holes with my crop-a-dile and attached dovecraft ribbon which I purchased at The Paper Mill Shop.  Flowers are punched with a woodware punch and brads are doodlebug. Stickers for Hollie's room are also Doodlebug.  My printer has ran out of ink, so had to handwrite the Do Not Disturb, my writing was not very good, so my oldest daughter tried it. Will probably change this when my printer is re-inked again.  I had thought of writing Girls Only or Please Knock, but it was my youngest daughter suggested do not disturb when she saw what I was making, when she came home from school. She was really pleased with the plaque.  I also thought afterwards how appropriate the image was, as my youngest daughter loves to skip all the time.  I followed the sketch, but don't know if making something else other than a card is ok.  Anyway, thanks for looking and have a nice day.  Hope the sun is still shining where you are.  Happy crafting.

4 comments:

Mina said...

what a great way to use our sketch Donna, fabulous idea...thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious challenge
Mina xxx

Granny P said...

It's good to think outside the box. This is so Hollie.

Jill said...

This is lovely Donna - a lovely idea!

(Also: sorry have misplaced your number, could you phone Ashley re: GB meal next week. Thanks, Jill xx)

Lizzy said...

WOW this is fab ... great idea ~ luv the colours & layout xx Lizzy xx :)