I have created this blog as a record of all the scrapbook layouts, cards, etc., that I make.

If you happen to visit my blog, thank you for visiting and any comments you leave are very much appreciated. Thank you.



Sunday 6 June 2010

Sarah Kay - Isabelle with puppy Coco



This is a card I made using a Sarah Kay image called Isabelle with puppy Coco.  The image is really lovely to colour except for the grass area. I coloured the image and then the little tuffs of grass and the stones, but it didn't look right.  I then looked at the stampevie gallery and some had coloured all the area as grass.  I then coloured this and it looked like she was ready to fall off a cliff edge.  I then just kept colouring in more area for grass and this is what it ended up like.  Love the little girl and dog, but not sure about the rest, maybe some blue sky may have worked or less grass, etc. Anyway, this was just a card I attempted myself instead of using a sketch. 
Cardstock - Die Cuts with a View
Ribbon - Making Memories
Label - Karen Foster
Paper - not sure as have had it for a long time and these were just a few pieces that were left
Coloured with Distress Inks
Sarah Kay Stamp
Sorry about the quality of the photo, this is about the best one.
Thanks for looking and have a nice weekend.
Donna

3 comments:

Lizzy said...

Hi Donna! don't be to hard on yourself hun your card is beautiful xx Lizzy xx :)

Mina said...

fabulous card Donna, I love the colours and the sweet SK image is fabulous
Mina xxx

Granny P said...

Love the image and your choice of colours. makes me think of H. playing with the dog. The 'bone' label is a really nice touch.