I have created this blog as a record of all the scrapbook layouts, cards, etc., that I make.

If you happen to visit my blog, thank you for visiting and any comments you leave are very much appreciated. Thank you.



Wednesday 16 June 2010

Sugar Bowl Challenge 36 - Lilian's Sketch

This is a card I have made for the Sugar Bowl Challenge 36 - Lilian's Sketch, but won't be entering it as I haven't had time to figure out how to link it up properly and not just to my blog. I am not very computer aware so think I need to be shown or get instructions, probably just an age thing, but seems to be taking me forever to find the time to get it sorted. What with the North West 200 Races and then the Isle of Man TT Races and now the World Cup and my eldest daughter at home for study leave for her GCSE's, it has been slightly busy.
Anyway the theme was pink, black and white along with the sketch.  Really like these colours together and have used them before on scrapbook pages. Also really like this sketch and will probably use it again.
Cardstock is Die Cuts with a View
Woodware Flower Punches
Doodlebug Dotlets (like brads but used with an eyelet setter)
Just for You Stamp was free with a magazine
Sugar Nellie - Gorjuss girl image
Papermania watercolour pencils
This was my first time inking this image and she is lovely to colour, however was a bit confused with what to do with the area under her chin - is it her hair or a scarf or part of her dress.  I looked at a few cards on different blogs and galleries using this image and they all seem to colour it as hair, so that is what I did.
I used watercolour pencils this time to colour as I don't have black in the Distress Inks.
Anyway, thanks for visting and happy crafting.

2 comments:

Mina said...

ooooohhhhh snap Donna lol...great minds think alike...I love this GG shes great to colour isnt she...perfect for the challenge
Mina xxx

Granny P said...

Great card - the colours are really striking with the Gorjuss Girl image. Your freebie stamp is great. Love the black centres in the daisies.