I have created this blog as a record of all the scrapbook layouts, cards, etc., that I make.

If you happen to visit my blog, thank you for visiting and any comments you leave are very much appreciated. Thank you.



Monday 6 December 2010

Papertake Weekly # 51 and Lily of the Valley # 76

I actually managed to make not one but four cards on Saturday evening.  When I went to post them I realised I had forgotten the stickles and sentiment so only got them finished tonight.


Went into town on Saturday afternoon with Hollie and it was not really pleasant.  The snow that had fallen had started to thaw and everywhere was either very slippy or pure slush.  Hollie's little feet were soaking, so I bought her a pair of wellies, went to the craft shop for a couple of essentials and then back home.  


As I am so behind with my Christmas cards, I thought I would make four the same. I will definiitely do this again.  


I am entering my card into two challenges -
Papertake Weekly # 51 - Sketch
Lily of the Valley # 76 - A Few of My Favourite Things (definitely the LOTV stamps, my new MS icicle punch and echo park papers)


Cardblank - Craftwork Cards
Patterned Papers - Echo Park
Cardstock - Paper Mill
Image - LOTV
Coloured with Distress Inks
Woodware Punch
Martha Stewart Icicle Punch
Stickles



Apologies for the photograph, it was late when it was taken.


On Sunday we had a very tight frost which  then gave way to a big thaw.  Thought that was the last of the cold weather.  Wrong again.  Monday morning was absolutely beautiful - the frost from the night before was like something from a picture postcard.  After leaving the girls to school I contemplated going back out in the car to take some photographs, only for it to start snowing.  Well snowing is not really the word for it.  I have never seen so much snow fall so fast and so thick.  Sophie's school texted to say the school was closing at 12.30pm and for her to be collected.  This was about 11.30am and I thought it would be best to leave then and wait outside the school for her rather than rush at the last minute.  What normally takes 15 minutes to Bushmills took me 1 hour and 10 minutes.  The snow must have been about 4 inches deep and guess what, yes I got stuck on a hill and the driver behind me had to push me and tell me to keep the car in second gear so as to get some grip.  Scary or what.  When I eventually got to Bushmills, Shannon texted to say she had been told to go home as well.  Now she was in Portstewart which is about 15 minutes away and this took me another hour.  Thankfully the snow wasn't as thick or deep on the coast road. Then Hollie got out of school but hubby got his father to collect her as he lives in Portrush and to bring her up home.  I arrived home at the same time some three hours later. It is beautiful to look at and to watch it falling but I don't think I really want to drive it in again when it is this deep.  Thankfully all three of their schools are closed tomorrow. 

I am posting a few more photographs and maybe you will see from the previous post how much deeper the snow was.  All the snow in the previous pictures had nearly all disappeared.  The girls had a great time playing snowballs with their friends. 








This is Shannon, my eldest daughter who is seventeen

This is Cleo, a cairn terrier who is 3 years old.

Sorry for the long post but just thought I would share some of the photographs with you.  I got another card made tonight, which I will post tomorrow and maybe show some of the photographs that Sophie took on the coast road today.


Thanks for popping by, stay warm and take care.

3 comments:

debby4000 said...

Wonderful, gorgeous card Donna. Fab pics of the snow but how awful to have to drive in it. Hope its started to thaw again.
luv
Debby

Janiel/ janny said...

Hi Donna, Your card is STUNNING!!!!

Okay I am so glad that it is you that has all of the pretty snow and I am here in the land of sunshine. LOL....... I hate to drive in that stuff!!!
Happy day to you sweetie...hugs, Janiel

Dena said...

Wow! What a great card! I love those papers!
That is a TON of snow!
Thanks so much for joining the LOTV challenge this week!
Hugs, Dena