I have created this blog as a record of all the scrapbook layouts, cards, etc., that I make.

If you happen to visit my blog, thank you for visiting and any comments you leave are very much appreciated. Thank you.



Saturday 4 December 2010

Bunny Zoe's Monthly Challenge # 6 plus a few photos of snow and decorations

Sorry I haven't posted in a while but it has just been so busy.  Everytime I seem to sort of get ahead something else happens.


Well, I managed to get my Bryan Adams concert tickets yesterday. I suppose it helps when your hubby has a ticketmaster outlet in his shop and sometimes can get the pick of the seats. 

On Wednesday after Girls Brigade, we decided to get the decorations and our artificial tree for the Living Room out of the roofspace.  We were not looking forward to that, as in the summer we had company in the form of a couple of mice for a couple of weeks and couldn't get them trapped.  Tried everything and eventually we had to get pest control in.  They seem to like plastic bags as a few had holes in them but they loved the little berries on some of my ornaments, so I had to throw quite a bit out.   Anyway I spent Thursday and Friday doing the decorations and getting the back of the hall ready for the real tree that hubby and Hollie will get over the weekend. So that didn't leave much time for crafting.  


I came across this advent calendar that I decorated last year, before I had a blog and thought I could enter it into the Bunny Zoe's Crafts Monthly Challenge of Christmas - but not a card.


The calendar is Karen Foster and comes with the numbers
Papers, gems and rub-ons  are Doodlebug 






Thought I would also post a couple of photographs of my decorations.







I would decorate the Living Room and the girls would decorate the Hall tree as they like to put on candy canes, chocolate, etc. The presents are kept under the Hall tree and these are not opened until Boxing Day.  I like to keep Christmas Day for the 'Santa' presents. They then have two days of excitement.


Here are a couple of photographs that I took yesterday morning of the snow that finally arrived.  Living near the north coast (about 7 miles from the Giants Causeway) we don't get a lot of snow.  Had a snow shower on Thursday for an hour and then as usual it started to freeze. Woke yesterday morning to this.  It was beautiful.  I love a fresh snowfall and you want to go out and run through it like a child, girls think I am mad. Roads weren't great when I was doing the school run, took me an hour and 15 minutes instead of 30 - 40 minutes. I have about a 20 mile round trip to do as the girls are at three different schools.  I leave Coleraine and head to Portstewart about 4 miles away, then over the coast road for 3 miles to Portrush and then 5 miles to Bushmills and then 7 miles home.  This is every day in the morning and afternoon.  








Sorry for such a long post, I am sure you are really bored if you have read all this.  Finally figured out how to make my font a little bigger as sometimes I even have trouble reading it.
Anyway, thanks for popping by, hope you have a nice weekend. 
By the way, I won Day 2 Candy at LOTV, Wow.

4 comments:

dolcreations said...

Donna your advent calendar is a great piece! I LOVE it! Such a great idea! I was thrilled to see your pictures! Love the decorations..looks warm and cozy! I cannot believe the snow!

Mel said...

hey honey

Love your advent! Its stunning and I so ant one hee! have missed your wee posts but all your wee gorjuss pics have made up for it!
The decorations are fab and your tree is just ... WOW WOW WOW! Its looks so so real!
Dont worry your not mad, I wanna do the same when i see the snow! Especailly when there is a toatlly clear patch with no feet prints in it hee! me and the dog make amad dash sometimes through the fields near as while hubby shakes his head hee!
Congrats on your win!! Oh and hope you got your tree! We did hee hee!!
Hugs Melly xxx

Anonymous said...

Love your advent calendar Donna! Love your fireplace and decorations too. xx

Mina said...

congratulations on your win Donna...I love to see other christmas decorations, yours are fabulous...the advent calendar is stunning and perfect for the Bunny Zoe's monthly challenge, thanks for entering
Mina xxx
p.s. is there enough snow for you now the whole of Coleraine ground to a halt today didnt it