I have created this blog as a record of all the scrapbook layouts, cards, etc., that I make.

If you happen to visit my blog, thank you for visiting and any comments you leave are very much appreciated. Thank you.



Saturday 18 September 2010

Mojo Monday 156 and Papertake Weekly

Had quite a busy week, so not much time for crafting.  Hubby back at work after time off with the shingles and not a great patient. Had to catch up on housework,  lots of homework for my daughters (my eldest is not enjoying AS English Literature) and Sunday School and Girls Brigade all started back this week. I help out with the Tinies section at Girls Brigade and taught P6 at Sunday School for the last three years, although this year I am now doing P2/P3.  Had some free time last night as my eldest daughter Shannon had her first shift at work from 6 - 9.30pm, my second daughter Sophie was at a friends house and having a sleepover and my youngest daughter Hollie was playing with her friend in her room.  I thought I would have some me time and a bit of crafting, as hubby was watching television and then trying to organise a weekend to Oulton Park for the motorbike races.  Had an idea in my head how this would work out, didn't quite happen that way, but I am pleased with the end result, I think. It is a long time since I have made an easel card and  I really do like this style of card.
I am entering my card into Mojo Monday 156 - Follow Sketch and Papertake Weekly - Picture Inspiration (I went for the colours turquoise, pink and purple, although I added black, so I hope that is ok).
Cardstock - Bazzill
Patterned Paper - Bo Bunny Sophie
Stamp - Elzybells (I purchased this at half price, but it is now further reduced)
Calendar - Paper Mill Shop
Ribbon - Doodlebug
Ric Rac - Doodlebug
Inpads - Versa Cubes
Flowers - Acccessorize
I was going to place the calendar on the top part of the card and a post- it  pad with a pen on the bottom part but the calendar was to big, so I made it just a calendar card. Will try this idea with a smaller stamped image and maybe it will work. When I was reading through the sentiment stamp, I realised I had missed the last line, so I stamped it on its own  and layered it.

Thanks for popping by, hope you have a nice weekend.  Weather here wet as usual and quite cold. We missed summer, now looks like we are going to miss Autumn too.

5 comments:

dolcreations said...

This is such a fantastic idea...I just love it!

Ann-Marie said...

Love the colour combo on your card and such a fab idea with the calendar! Take care Ann-Marie xxx

Granny P said...

Great calendar and although this might describe my crafting space it definitely doesn't describe yours. It may have been by accident but the last line stamped separately is a nice touch.

Clabby said...

I know someone else that poem suits very well!

CarlaKH said...

Beautiful card indeed. Thank you for joining us at Papertake weekly!